Hollywood

Hello all.....Shea and I are now in Hollywood....we will keep you posted thru this blog of Shea's adventures.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 47.....in LA...August 2011

Hello.....I didn't exactly tell you the "whole story" of our day yesterday....so, I will begin there.    Shea and I stopped at the Albertson's on our way back after shopping at Ikea.    They have a Red Box outside and we thought we would get a movie.   Right next to this were many crates of rescued pups and dogs that needed homes.    Shea wanted to look....so, we did.    After Shea had held many of the pups....she fell in love with one.   I told her that there was NO way we could get a puppy....we are renting an apt....and she has school and auditions....no time to give a little puppy....wouldn't be fair.    As she continued to snuggle this little love....people around us were saying "Oh, looks like that one has found it's home!"    GUILT!   I told the man there that I had to sleep on it....that I couldn't make a decision that quickly.    He said I tell you what I will let you take the puppy home with you tonight....then come back tomorrow at noon and you can tell me what you have decided.    That was one of the poorest decisions I have ever made!    We borrow a crate....and I run in the pet shop to get puppy food and pee pads.    We got her all settled in her crate for the night around midnight.    Then about 2 am.....the little pup yelps began.   Shea had told me this was going to be her dog...and she would take care of it totally (yeah right?!)   So, I told Shea she had to get up with the pup.    Shea came in the bedroom at 6 am....begging me to take the pup ~ so she could get some sleep!    So, hello....I was up with her from then on.   I KNEW we could not keep this puppy!     BUT, it was going to break my heart to take her back to this place!    Shea took her to the Sunday Brunch here today....and made an announcement not only about the pup we had that was available ~ but, all the other ones that needed homes.    The story has a "Happy Ending!"   A family with children adopted her.    :)     And they are right here at Oakwood ~ so we will get to see her!    So....yes, we are pretty tired tonight......but, so very happy that the sweet puppy has a good home!    A Praise!
After that.....I just had cleaning to do....and laundry.....I did go to Target to get a few more items we will need in the new apt. ~ that we couldn't get at Ikea.    We will both be hitting the hay early tonight!
Shea starts her online Senior Year Courses tomorrow!     Til then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment